Formerly known as the Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC), the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme is a mandatory carbon emissions reporting and pricing scheme to cover all organisations in the UK using more than 6,000MWh per year of electricity with a least one settled half hourly electricity meter.
The Scheme obliges qualifying organisations to report their carbon data and pay a tax per tonne of carbon on an annual basis. Organisations that are not already registered face significant fines (£500 per day up to a maximum of £40,000).
In March 2016, the Chancellor announced that the closure of the CRC scheme following the 2018-19 compliance year. It is to be replaced by the Climate Change Levy (CCL).
How we can help with the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme
Our CRC consultants will work with you to develop a cost-effective approach to CRC compliance. Whether you are looking for a fully managed solution, an audit of your compliance activities or just technical assistance, we’re here to help. Our managed solution represents a complete compliance service on your behalf, and includes:
- Aggregation and compilation of energy and non-energy data required for compliance
- Compilation and maintenance of a compliant Evidence Pack
- Management and submission of all reporting requirements
- Carbon allowance procurement
- A managed internal audit process (spanning all properties and applicable legal entities)
- Compliance reporting
- Responding to any Environment Agency requests including formal audits.
For help or information about the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme or Climate Change Levy get in touch with one of our Carbon Specialists today.