Calling all sustainability professionals ...
7th December 2021
Job Opportunity. Sustainability Consultant
Brownlow Utilities is a UK specialist in energy, water, sustainability & procurement and is at the forefront of promoting sustainability solutions to help our clients tackle climate change head on, improve operational efficiency, ensure compliance and positively contribute to the bottom line.
The sustainability team at Brownlow Utilities delivers exciting, market-leading projects in the areas of climate change, carbon foot-printing and net zero strategies aligned to science. Owing to the ever increasing demand for expertise in this field, our sustainability division requires a sustainability professional, in a client facing role, to help lead clients through these sustainability obligations. The right candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing sustainability team within the UK, reporting directly to the sustainability director.
• This is a role for a highly motivated and enthusiastic sustainability professional with an ability to think strategically and to work with an existing team to maintain and develop business.
• You will possess a strong commercial drive and a desire to nurture talent within the team, leading by example.
• Work strategically to help develop business across ESG, sustainability strategy & reporting and NetZero with existing and new clients.
• Lead on key projects with investors, developers and other clients to deliver a sustainability strategy.
• Utilise the wider sustainability team and business to maximise client opportunities.
• Deliver the quality and standard of work in line with our and our client’s standards.
• Work to deliver the client’s carbon footprint, drive a carbon reduction plan and ensure the client’s net zero objectives are achieved.
• Strong technical experience with key reporting frameworks, principles and standards including but not limited to TCFD, GRI, Integrated Reporting, UN SDGs and CDP
• Up to date knowledge of recent developments in reporting both in the UK and Europe
• Monitor external trends and developments, consider implications for our clients and make recommendations accordingly.
• Support engagement with government, trade associations and other third parties on sustainability related issues.
• Develop & implement a communication plan with the marketing & PR team.
• Knowledge or experience with UK legislative reporting as well as UK statutory reporting requirements (EED, SECR, CCLA, UK ETS, EU ETS, CHPQA).
In return, you will be joining a truly forward thinking and flexible organisation, with the freedom and opportunity to work and build your career in the way you want. You will be a subject matter expert who understands external trends, sustainability reporting requirements and financial considerations within sustainability. With an insight from a UK knowledge perspective and with awareness of the European & international sustainability reporting landscape.
To register your interest in applying, please contact Lydia Lawrenson in the first instance at Lydia@brownlowutilities.co.uk – 01744 413 391
Applications for this role close on Monday 31st January 2022.
This opportunity offers a rewarding future within a rapidly expanding discipline. Salary and benefits will be appropriate with qualifications and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.