Job Opportunity - Account Manager
6th June 2023
As a growing, award-winning energy consultancy with transparency at its core, we are looking for a strong candidate to support our Sales and Account Management Teams out of our new offices in Haydock.
To improve the efficiency, accuracy and speed of service, this role will be responsible for the internal management and delivery of energy procurement, management and sustainability services to clients.
The role is a virtual ‘glue’, seamlessly bringing all of the business elements, people and services, together for the benefit of the customer. It functions at the centre of a wider operational team which includes service specialists, finance, sales support and administrators. It must be a critical interface, a project driver and an invaluable communication channel. After 3 months, this role will be hybrid with 2-3 days in the office per week.
The ideal candidate will
- Be an experienced energy and/or sustainability expert having the ability to understand, solve and develop a business's energy, water and carbon challenges.
- A people person, having the ability to work with and manage those around irrespective of function, role or level, whether internal or external.
- Have fantastic organisational and project management skills ensuring that key deliverables are met.
- Present and communicate the status of these projects in a digestible, visible and measurable way
- Ability to work as part of a team that has strong set of business values and ethics. Trust, openness, honesty, empathy, teamwork and resilience.
- A strong desire to make a difference and add value whilst enjoying your work and the environment in which it all happens. A self starter!
- Manage the end-to-end customer lifecycle (e.g. new energy/water contracts, renewals, change of tenancy, supply issues, carbon compliance, billing issues by acting as a primary point of contact and reference
- Work cross functionally within the company to communicate with all stakeholders in customers' success
- Create and maintain relationships with customers to better understand and achieve their needs
- Make visits to our customers to identify opportunities for growth an to maintain loyalty
- Manage all documentation, agreements and reporting for the customers' accounts.
- Maintain clients within a Brownlow Service Agreement framework.
- Act as a first point of contact for customer enquiries, and keep customers informed of progress
- Manage the end-to-end customer lifecycle (e.g. new energy/water contracts, renewals, change of tenancy, supply issues, carbon compliance, sustainability, billing issues by acting as a primary point of contact and reference
- Resolve queries within your remit and expertise, while escalating or referring to a colleague where appropriate.
- Maintain appropriate records on performance and processes for your customers using electronic customer management and performance systems.
- Keep ahead of energy and sustainability industry knowledge and the impact on UK businesses
Understand the impact of industry change on customers.
- Establish and agree with customers appropriate service expectations, in line with SLAs
- Support other teams and departments through the provision of assistance and information.
- Build constructive working relationships to ensure successful execution of tasks
- Contribute directly to the provision of advice and guidance on operational issues for internal and external customers
- Demonstrate experience and understanding of taking clients through a Carbon Net Zero sustainability journey
- Provide recommendations on the appropriate products, services and solutions
- Identify and source new business opportunities when/where appropriate. Target cross sell & upsell opportunities
Key skills and experience
· Experience/evidence of working in the energy, water industry as an Account Manager, project manager or in a customer driven role
· 5 years + industry experience
· Academically of A-level standard or equivalent (preferable)
· Strong communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal).
· Self-motivated, driven with the good organisational ability.
· The ability to prioritise and manage several different tasks at once
· Strong customer-facing skills and evidence of good customer service delivery
· Excellent IT skills and technically competent
Brownlow Utilities is an award-winning, independently owned consultancy based in the North West of England offering a range of energy and utility services to businesses in the UK. Our aim is to help businesses manage their energy better; how much they use and the price they pay whilst remaining legally compliant. This involves a portfolio of services covering the procurement and management of gas, electricity and water suppliers. With strong business ethics of trust, honesty and transparency, we are a growing, energetic and challenging business who is trailblazing the way forward in the UK energy consultancy industry.
To register your interest in applying, please contact Amanda Byrne in the first instance firstname.lastname@example.org, 01744 778530 (opt 6) or 07711650835.
This opportunity offers a rewarding future within a rapidly expanding discipline. Salary and benefits will be appropriate with qualifications and experience but include company bonus, 25 days holiday, modern, catered offices, teambuilding events, ergonomic desks/seating, pension contribution.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.