Job Opportunity - Account Manager
29th April 2021
As a growing, award-winning energy consultancy, we are looking for a strong candidate to support our Sales and Account Management Teams and to be based at our new offices in Haydock.
To improve the efficiency, accuracy and speed of service, this role will be responsible for the internal management and delivery of energy procurement and management services to clients. This ensures that the warm sales leads and client requests generated by the wider sales/account management team will be communicated, assessed and managed through the various internal processes, ensuring that time, cost and efficiency parameters are optimised, and client service is maintained throughout.
Mainly office based, this role is part of a wider team with procurement, operations, market analysts, finance and administrators working alongside you to deliver our energy and water services. In addition to being a critical interface, a project driver, an invaluable communication channel, this role is a virtual ‘glue’, seamlessly bringing all of the business elements together for the benefit of the customer.
You will be a people person, having the ability to communicate and transfer knowledge between both internal and external contacts. You will be a Champion for both the Account Manager and the customer – understanding their needs, assessing the most effective way to deliver the agreed services.
With fantastic organisational skills, you will have the ability to manage many projects and elements within them – ensuring that key deliverables are met. Communicating and presenting the status of these projects in a digestible, visible and measurable way will be equally as important.
You will work as part of a team that has strong set of business values and ethics. Trust, openness, honesty, empathy, teamwork and resilience. A strong desire to make a difference whilst enjoying your work and the environment in which it all happens.
Brownlow Utilities is an award-winning, independently owned consultancy based in the North West of England offering a range of energy and utility services to businesses in the UK. Our aim is to help businesses manage their energy better; how much they use and the price they pay whilst remaining legally compliant. This involves a portfolio of services covering the procurement and management of gas, electricity and water supplies.
With strong business ethics of trust, honesty and transparency, we are a growing, energetic and challenging business who is trailblazing the way forward in the UK energy consultancy industry.
Manage the end-to-end customer lifecycle (e.g. new energy/water contracts, renewals, change of tenancy, supply issues, carbon compliance, billing issues by acting as a primary point of contact and reference
- Resolving queries within your remit and expertise, while escalating or referring to a colleague where appropriate.
- Act as a first point of contact for customer enquiries, and keep customers informed of progress
- Maintain appropriate records on performance and processes for your customers.
- Understand the impact of industry change on customers.
- Establish and agree with customers appropriate service expectations, in line with SLAs
- Support other teams and departments through the provision of assistance and information.
- Build constructive working relationships to ensure successful execution of tasks
- Contribute directly to the provision of advice and guidance on operational issues for internal and external customers
- Provide recommendations on the appropriate products, services and solutions
- A people person, having the ability to work with and manage those around irrespective of function, role or level.
- Identify and source new business opportunities when/where appropriate
Key skills and experience
· Experience/evidence of working in the energy, water industry as an Account Manager, project manager or in a customer driven role
· 5 years + industry experience
· Academically of A-level standard or equivalent (preferable)
· Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
· Self-motivated, driven with the good organisational ability.
· The ability to prioritise and manage several different tasks at once
· Strong customer-facing skills and evidence of good customer service delivery
· Excellent IT skills and technically competent
This role is offered on a permanent contract, with a standard 3-month probation period to ensure both the business and candidate are happy in their new position. The role attracts a competitive basic salary and annual company bonus. It will be office based, with occasional trips to clients.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply today! Email firstname.lastname@example.org