Scoping - Understanding and reducing your businesses carbon emissions
25th January 2022
At the heart of the decarbonisation effort to combat climate change is the need to efficiently measure and track greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
As businesses, public bodies, and consumers continue to align with the global sustainable development agenda, it has become essential to ensure that carbon and GHG reduction strategies are in place, which first requires an understanding of those emissions.
Calculating your carbon footprint is crucial in understanding your company's contribution to global warming
Scopes and Definitions
|Purchased electricity, heat and steam
|Purchased goods and services
Use of sold products
Transportation and distribution (up- and downstream)
Leased assets and franchises
There are a number of benefits associated with measuring Scope 3 emissions. For many companies, the majority of their greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and cost reduction opportunities lie outside their own operations. By measuring Scope 3 emissions, organisations can;
- Assess where the emission hotspots are in their supply chain;
- Identify resource and energy risks in their supply chain;
- Identify which suppliers are leaders and which are laggards in terms of their sustainability performance;
- Identify energy efficiency and cost reduction opportunities in their supply chain;
- Engage suppliers and assist them to implement sustainability initiatives
- Improve the energy efficiency of their products
We offer a range of services to help you measure and manage your value and supply chain emissions.
Why not schedule a brief chat with our Sustainability Specialists to ensure you are on the correct path