Job Opportunity - Sustainability and Energy Analyst
4th August 2023
Brownlow Utilities is a UK specialist in business energy, water, sustainability & procurement and is at the forefront of promoting sustainability solutions to help our clients tackle climate change head on, improve operational efficiency, ensure compliance and positively contribute to the bottom line.
The sustainability team at Brownlow Utilities delivers exciting, market-leading projects in the areas of climate change, carbon footprinting and net zero strategies aligned to science. Owing to the ever-increasing demand for expertise in this field, our sustainability division requires a sustainability professional, in a client facing role, to help lead clients through these sustainability obligations.
The right candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to develop their skills and knowledge in the sustainability and energy sector in one of the most trusted business energy consultancies within the UK.
This role is based in our modern, open plan offices in St Helens, Merseyside, with easy access via the M6. After a successful probationary period, this role can be hybrid, with 3 days working in the office and 2 days working remotely.
· This is a role for a highly motivated and enthusiastic early career professional with an ability to think strategically and to work with an existing team to maintain and develop business.
· The successful candidate will work as part of the growing sustainability team to deliver a range of services including CCA, SECR, ESOS and greenhouse gas reporting.
· Data analysis of energy consumption and business production is a key part of this role and will constitute a significant percentage of the work.
· This role will include the development and maintenance of relationships with sustainability clients to encourage energy and carbon reduction over time.
· The successful candidate will focus on CCA and SECR reporting but will also assist with a range of other sustainability services when necessary.
Experience in the energy and sustainability sector is preferable but not essential, we are looking for a reliable and hard-working individual who is keen to learn. Training can be provided in any/all areas for the right candidate.
· STEM degree - e.g. environmental science, biology, engineering, mathematics or another sustainability related discipline.
· Strong background in data analysis, and confident in excel.
· An interest in sustainability, keeping up to date with the latest climate change news and sustainability legislation.
· Confident presenting and liaising with stakeholders (e.g. clients, sectors etc).
· Ambitious personality, looking to build a career in the sustainability field.
· Excellent team player, who is flexible and able to prioritise a range of tasks.
· Detail orientated mindset, keen to ensure the highest standard of work is delivered to clients.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Knowledge in the energy or sustainability sectors.
· Confident in writing reports, with excellent grammar and proofreading skills.
· Experience conducting on site surveys for CCA calculations, preparing CCA reports and filing CCA applications.
· Knowledge or experience with UK legislative sustainability reporting such as EED/ESOS, SECR, CCA, CHPQA.
In return, you will be joining a truly forward thinking and flexible organisation, with the freedom and opportunity to work and build your career in the way you want.
You will be a subject matter expert who understands external trends, sustainability reporting requirements and financial considerations within sustainability. With an insight from a UK knowledge perspective and with awareness of the European & international sustainability reporting landscape.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to Iain Paterson: Iain@brownlowutilities.co.uk.
Applications for this role are being reviewed on a rolling basis.
This opportunity offers a rewarding future within a rapidly expanding discipline. Salary dependent on experience with benefits including pension contributions, regular team and company wide social events and 24 days holiday.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Brownlow Utilities is an award-winning, independently owned consultancy based in the North West of England offering a range of energy and sustainability services to businesses in the UK. Our aim is to help businesses manage their energy better; how much they use and the price they pay whilst remaining legally compliant and in control. This involves a portfolio of services covering the procurement and management of gas, electricity and water supplies. With strong business ethics of trust, honesty and transparency, we are a growing, energetic and challenging business who is trailblazing the way forward in the UK energy consultancy industry. Companies WANT to pay us, not HAVE TO pay!
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.