Job Opportunity - Finance Executive
29th June 2023
As a growing, award-winning energy consultancy, we are looking for a strong candidate to support and grow our financial operations.
Based out of our modern offices in Haydock, Merseyside this candidate will be responsible for supporting the Finance Department with a range of internal and externally facing tasks including commissions, profitability analysis and budgeting. This role would also include business reporting activities ensuring the smooth and competitive management of the business. As such, this role will involve working with confidential business figures and information, and thus requires a degree of sensitivity and total confidentiality.
This individual would require excellent mathematical and Excel skills, together with good organisation and project management skills. This requires a clear and well documented electronic filing system, record keeping and book-keeping system.
The individual in this role will also need to learn the current finance system, in order to provide contingency for the department. In addition to new software, there is opportunity to explore the current software (mainly the Quickbooks system) to identify any areas where the system could be used to upgrade/streamline current processes. As Brownlow migrates its processes to new platforms (HR & Energy management), this role will assist with integration of finance processes with these new systems.
Working in a small/medium size office you will need to have excellent communication skills to liaise with customers, suppliers and internal sales team and colleagues to ensure that all parties are fully aware of the status of their orders. Attention to detail will be essential to this role, along with a keen eye to identify and resolve any numerical discrepancies at the source. A curiosity to delve into detail and challenge figures where needed will be integral to the role to ensure accurate financial reporting.
An outline of the role and scope:
- Produce financial statements and reports
- Commission management
- Profitability analysis of business sectors
- Understanding and providing budgets
- Creating accurate management reports
- Assisting colleagues wherever required.
- Maintain accurate data entry of all invoices and sales receipts
- Invoicing and entry and payment of staff and contractor expenses
- Enter invoice work completed on to the monthly invoice forecast and ad hoc invoicing throughout the month.
- Produce Debtors report and chase outstanding Invoices on a regular basis
- Electronic Filing of all invoices / purchases
- Place Stationary orders/office orders as and when required
- General office administration duties
Skills and experience required:
With excellent Excel and IT skills, along with the ability to work on your own initiative, you will be a key player in ensuring that the administration department of the business flows smoothly, ensuring that optimum levels of customer service are maintained at all times. Skills required:
- A financially based or business management educational background to degree level.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Quickbooks and working with bespoke in-house IT Systems
- Knowledge of entering purchase invoices and expenses on to Quickbooks accounting system ready for the accountant to oversee
- Understanding of other data analytical tools, including Power BI (preferable)
- An enjoyment and thirst for working with numbers.
- The ability to interrogate data and present in a meaningful, benefit-driven way
- Highly organised and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational/time management
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure.
This role has the potential to expand into a more senior, and ultimately board level position over time dependent on the performance of the candidate as the business grows.
Brownlow Utilities is an award-winning, independently owned consultancy based in the North West of England offering a range of energy and sustainability services to businesses in the UK. Our aim is to help businesses manage their energy better; how much they use and the price they pay whilst remaining legally compliant and in control. This involves a portfolio of services covering the procurement and management of gas, electricity and water supplies. With strong business ethics of trust, honesty and transparency, we are a growing, energetic and challenging business who is trailblazing the way forward in the UK energy consultancy industry. Companies WANT to pay us, not HAVE TO pay!
This role is offered on a permanent contract, with a standard 6-month probation period. The role attracts a competitive basic salary and bonus structure, pension contribution, death in service benefit, employee assistance program and wellbeing initiatives. Based in modern offices off M6 motorway, hybrid working is available after 3 months.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply today! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws