Job Opportunity - Energy Auditor
17th October 2022
Brownlow Utilities are supporting many UK businesses on their journey towards becoming carbon net zero. However, many businesses need to address their energy usage and efficiencies now in light of the current energy price rises and the increasing number of carbon and reporting schemes that companies now must comply with.
Can you help businesses audit their energy?
We are looking for an energetic, resourceful Energy Manager to join our Sustainability team. The individual would be based out of our offices in Haydock, North West of England, however a significant part of their role would involve travelling to client sites across the UK.
At site, they would independently complete an energy audit, liaise with clients, observe all energy consuming assets and identify energy saving opportunities. This would all be summarised in a comprehensive report which meet the required scheme standards, such as ESOS (Energy Saving Opportunities Scheme) and be of immense value to the client.
We are looking for candidates that have achieved higher education standards, whether that’s degree or apprenticeship or equivalent experience. The role also requires some energy auditing proficiency, within the ESOS framework if possible. Training and support would be available to develop this competency further.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Undertake site energy audits (nationally)
- Identify unique, relevant energy & emission savings opportunities across a variety of sectors including manufacturing, food processing, cold stores, metal processing, warehousing, retail etc
- Analyse current client energy usage and identify trends in consumption
- Support ESOS assessments to a wide range of Brownlow clients
- Meet with clients to assess ESOS suitability
- Liaise with subcontractors & clients
- Complete client questionnaires and RAMS to allow onsite work
- Review Brownlow energy audit reports and work with clients to action energy saving measures
- Keep up to date with the latest energy legislation & technologies
- Assist with sustainability data analysis and reporting, including, but not limited to: CCA, EII, SECR, Min/Met, greenhouse gas reporting etc.
- At least 1 year experience in energy auditing
- Confident in recommending energy saving measures across lighting, HVAC, manufacturing, refrigeration, etc
- Strong written & verbal communication
- Excellent numeracy skills, with ability to calculate possible energy savings
- Full UK driving licence
- Organised with great attention to detail
- Higher education in relevant subject (e.g. Degree or apprenticeship in electrical engineering, engineering, energy management & other STEM)
- Competence in Microsoft office, with excellent skills in Excel
- Proven record of ESOS reporting in Phase I or II
- Understanding or experience working in sustainability legislation
- Knowledge in low carbon and/or renewable technologies
- Project management experience
- Relevant professional membership e.g. CIBSE, Energy Institute
- ESOS Lead Assessor would be advantageous
This role is offered on a permanent contract, with a standard 6-month probation period. Full and part time applications would be considered.
The role attracts a competitive salary (dependant on experience), together with a car allowance, an annual company bonus, working from home benefits, pension scheme opportunities and a healthy, supportive working environment – including regular team building, professional development and social activities.
Please email your CV and short cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Lydia@brownlowutilities.co.uk