Job Opportunity - Bureau Analyst
4th October 2023
After exceptional growth, we are looking for a strong candidate to manage our invoice validation and reporting service.
Based at our modern offices in Haydock, Merseyside, this role will focus on the validation, management and reporting of our clients’ energy and water bills. The service is underpinned by a clear set of procedures and reports, driven by years of industry experience and a sophisticated IT system which provide a robust, secure and value-added service to our clients.
The role will also involve the detailed understanding, analysis, reporting and management of any billing discrepancies and exceptions as identified by the system or to the naked eye. Activities will include the provision of monthly validation reports, reconciliations, query management and the resolution of any issues highlighted in the reports.
You will be a confident, organised and technically competent person having a significant amount of previous experience in the energy industry, and in particular in the billing/validation arenas. It is imperative that you have a good understanding of the elements of a utility bill (gas, electricity, water) and the associated terminologies and considerations within them.
Commercially minded, you will have the ability to assess and identify any potential billing errors and the financial impact they have on the client. You will be technically sound in the use of Excel and have a natural ability to navigate an energy billing database/portal. You will need good organisational and project management skills to manage the implementation of the inhouse invoice validation system and the ongoing management of portfolios, clients and suppliers.
A people person, you will have the ability to communicate and transfer knowledge between both internal and external contacts. You will be part of a wider team that has strong set of business values and ethics based on trust, openness, honesty, empathy, teamwork and resilience.
Brownlow Utilities is an award-winning, independently owned consultancy based in the North West of England offering a range of energy and sustainability services to businesses in the UK. Our aim is to help businesses manage their energy better; how much they use and the price they pay whilst remaining legally compliant. This involves a portfolio of services covering the procurement and management of gas, electricity and water supplies.
With strong business ethics of trust, honesty and transparency, we are a growing, energetic and challenging business who is trailblazing the way forward in the UK energy consultancy industry.
· Understand all elements on electricity, gas and water invoices, including the ever growing non commodity costs.
· Understand and seamlessly manage the validation and reporting platform
· Manage the relationship with our system developers to ensure the system remains best practice and market leading
· Manage the setup of new clients on the validation platform
· Manage the validation and reporting for a portfolio of clients on the validation system
· Liaise with various departments and clients to fill gaps in client data
· Issue weekly, monthly and ad hoc reporting
· Raise invoice queries with suppliers and see these through to resolution
· Monitor SLA’s and ensure client deadlines are met
· Support Account Managers on client visits/meetings
· Ensure disconnection notices are prioritised and dealt with in appropriate manner
· Provide support to Carbon and Water teams where necessary
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
· Good organisational and project management abilities
· Strong negotiation and communication skills
· Ability to work independently, accurately and with attention to detail
· Technically competent with a good knowledge of Microsoft packages, in particular Excel
· Confidence in liaising directly with clients, suppliers and key stakeholder
· Ideally worked for a utility supplier, brokerage or consultancy
· Detailed knowledge of utility bills and factors within them
· Beneficial to have experience in bill validation, or having worked in a billing department
This role is offered on a permanent contract, with a standard 6-month probation period. The role attracts a competitive salary (dependant on experience), together with an annual company bonus, working from home benefits, pension scheme opportunities and a healthy, supportive working environment – including regular team building, professional development and social activities.
If this sounds like the role for you or you would like more information, please contact email@example.com